Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School Challenge Day 02: A Lesson from Teacher

Back to School Book Blogger Challenge

Day 02: If you were/are an English Teacher, share with us your dream lesson plan as far as reading assignments.

Little known fact about me...I ALMOST became an English teacher. I wasn't cut out to be in front of a group of students sharing my knowledge about literature or grammar. I couldn't discipline a dog much less a child. So this question isn't much of a stretch for me.

My dream lesson plan would take some of the major events of the Bible, read them, dissect them and pair them up with real historical happenings. For example, why was Rome occupying Jerusalem when Jesus was out on the road preaching and stirring up a fuss. Or how did the Hebrews end up in Egypt and what was their role in the Egyptian economy?

Why is this my dream lesson plan?

We know that real world events influence literature. Some would argue that the Bible is one of the greatest literary works. I'm not saying it's the most well-written or the most exciting to read, but stuff was happening in the World and that influenced the stories that were recorded. I would love to see how it is all connected without someone trying to convert me.

So how about you? If you were a teacher, what would be your dream lesson plan? Or what topic in school got you really wound up and lit your dreams on fire?

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6
Day 7 | Day 8 (did not participate) | Day 9
Note: As some point, once again, IntenseDebate suddenly stopped working on this post and the Blogger comments appeared. After trying to recode the post and some deep searching on Google, I finally found the answer. Glass, I'm sorry I had to delete your post and my response. But I did take a screenshot!