Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to School Challenge Day 01: Getting to Know You

HelloBack to School Book Blogger Challenge
Day 01: It's time to stand up in front of the class and share with the rest of us a little about you!

Extra Credit: Name the Musical referenced in the title of today's post WITHOUT Googling it!

Now it's time for show and tell. My name is Terri. I am from southern MN, moved to Iowa to go to college and never left. Oh, the picture? That's me with Jim C. Hines at ICON 38 last year. ICON is the oldest science-fiction/fantasy convention in Iowa and I'm on the planning committee this year.


I started blogging on Monday, December 9, 2013. That's when my first review posted. It was a movie review and I had to share my love for About Time because it was largely ignored when it released.

2ndRunReviews
I called my blog Second Run Reviews because I always feel like I'm late jumping on the bandwagon with the latest book and/or movie hype. I also tend to like movies and books that are a bit off the beaten path. I guess some people would classify them as indie releases.

I like adult and young adult novels. You'll find out tomorrow why I stick with YA novels even though I'm closing on 40. I like historical fiction with a side of mystery and romance, fantasy and some science fiction (as long as it isn't too hard core). Time travel? Automatically count me in. Ancient Egypt or WWII? I'm there in a flash. As a former Disney cast member, I'm on board with fairy tale re-tellings. In general, if it sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot.

PageRead

Fun fact about my reading habits! Instead of setting a number of books to read goal for myself, I set a number of pages read goal. My goal is to try and read 20,000 pages by the time 2015 rolls around. And if you didn't know, GoodReads tracks pages read!



So welcome to the Second Run Reviews classroom, who are you? Share one fun fact about yourself below!

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6
Day 7 | Day 8 (did not participate) | Day 9