Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Feature and Follow #193-10: Reading. Make It a Habit.

It's time for Feature and Follow Friday!

This week's question: How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.

As a kid I was a reader and I had teachers that read to our classes. Some of my favorite books were books that were read aloud to me in class. Then I went to college and became an English Literature major. And since I was busy with classes and boys, I fell off the reading bandwagon. After college, I slowly picked up pace again and then a couple years ago, in an effort to save a little cash, my husband and I dropped cable and in my free time, when I'm not out taking pictures or riding my horse, I picked up my pace again. In 2011 and 2012, I clocked in at reading close to, if not, over 20,000 pages each year. As of this week, I've clocked over 3000 pages since January 1.

How have your reading habits changed over the years? Please share your habits in comments.

UPDATE! Finding your GoodReads page count

  1. Go to your GoodReads profile.
  2. Below your Bookshelves in the middle of the page you see three links (Cloud, Stats, More...). They are really close to your list of friends on the right.
  3. Click on the Stats link.
  4. Change the radio button from Books to Pages.

Don't forget to checkout the featured bloggers on Alison Can Read and Parajunkee.com.