Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Sunday Post #11: Week of February 16, 2014

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

What's Happened on the Center Stage

What's Happening on Other Stages
  • Props and a several nods of agreement when I read Alison's post about How TV Turned Me Into a Reader. I wouldn't have even attempted Martin's Fire and Ice Series if I hadn't seen the HBO series first. Being a reader has also opened me up to shows I didn't look twice at a few years ago like Supernatural and Doctor Who. Reading isn't about genres, as Alison points outs about sci-fi, it's about the human condition. Perhaps that is why dystopian fiction has taken off recently, it shows us the best and worst of the human condition.
  • Mulled over Entertainment Geekly: The New Rules of Spoilers.
  • With a name like Terri, I really identified with the BuzzFeed List that Rainbow Rowell tweeted: 16 Things Only People With Unique Names Will Understand.
  • Still thinking about my summer vacation and wishing these libraries were real.
  • Check out Bea's Book Nook: February Kindle Fire HDX Giveaway. Ends on 02/28/2014.
  • As a Whovian, I couldn't resist sharing this image that was posted via Facebook this week.

Holding Auditions

What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?

The Sunday Post