Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday Snapshot #09: Week of February 2, 2014

What's Happening Here

  • Review of the non-fiction book The End of Illness by David B Agus, M.D. posted.
  • My Thoughts on The Super Bowl. Well, not THAT Super Bowl.
  • Check out which books I wish I could read again for the first time in Feature & Follow #187.
  • This week's Quote of the Week reminds me of Peter Pan's motto, "I won't grow up!"

What's Happening Out There

  • Hiawatha Public Library deems 2014 Year of "Take-a-Book": Visit the website to see this month's challenge!
  • Marion Public Library Adult Winter Reading Program Fill Your Bucket: What's on Your Bucket List? January 6th through February 15th.
  • Cedar Rapids Public Library Adult Winter Reading Program: Hot Reads for Cold Nights. January 20 through March 20.
  • Linn Area Reads 2014 Book Selection will be announced on Sunday, Feburary 9th.
  • Fill Your Bucket Event: Healthy Entertaining with Chef Jen. Wednesday, February 12 at the Marion Public Library.
  • Fill Your Bucket Event: Final Party on Friday, Febraury 21 at the Marion Public Library. Pre-registration required.

Feeding My Addictions

  • Watching: The West Wing Season 1, Supernatural Season 1, Grimm Season 3, The Big Bang Theory Season 7
  • Reading or Read: Queen Victoria's Book of Spells: An Anthology of Gaslamp Fantasy edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Bookish Events Attended: Fill Your Bucket Event: Great Travel Destinations. Wednesday, February 5th at the Marion Public Library.
  • What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?

    P.S. I might be kind of quiet this week in the blogosphere as I have a busy work week coming up. I should be back in action by Valentine's Day!