Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday Snapshot #06: Week of January 12, 2014

  • Saturday: Had a great relaxing day with my pal, Erin. My toenails are now Flashbulb Fuchsia!
  • Sunday: Okay, who's a Downton Abbey Fan? And who is still traumatized by Sunday's episode? My heart is crying for Anna. What does this mean for Anna and Bates? UG!
  • Monday: New review posted! Have you checked it out? Leave a comment!
  • Tuesday: If you have read my bio, you know one of my other hobbies is horseback riding. Back in November, my horse, Jezebel, was injured defending "her" territory out in the pasture. Well, after 2.5 months of not being able to ride her, she's been cleared to ride again. *best Mel Gibson/William Wallace impression* FREEDOM!
  • Wednesday: I participated in my first Fill Your Bucket event at the Marion Public Library. I got a wonderful idea for a trip this year! And next Wednesday's Fill Your Bucket event is a wine tasting!!
  • Thursday: Post my first Feature and Follow Friday entry. It's so fun hopping around to other blogs. Thanks to Jade over at Chasing Empty Pavements for the warm fuzzies.
  • Friday: Just hanging at home on a Friday night watching The West Wing with the hubby.

Feeding my Addictions

  • Scored a book from my Goodreads to-read-wishlist for $2.00 at Half Price Books.
  • Also picked up a copy of Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates on clearance at Half Price Books.
  • Picked up a free copy of Capricious by Jade Eby.
  • A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. It's the only book that I didn't get on sale at Half Price Books. And now my HPB Christmas gift card has been exhausted. Sad day. Now the real question, do I finish book 4?
  • Purchased a copy of Jennifer Nettles's new album, That Girl. I'm a huge fan of Sugarland. I have all their albums. They played locally several years ago and I had Jennifer sign their first album. This was back when Sugarland was a TRIO!

What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?