Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Snapshot #04: Week of December 29, 2013

It's been a rough week and a tough start to the new year everyone. I got sick and am still fighting this winter cold. I haven't been able to read for long stretches at a time because I'm either coughing, blowing my nose or nodding off. Hopefully, the antibiotics I got today from the doctor will kick in and I'll be back to normal soon. It's kind of odd I picked up The End of Illness just before getting sick. I keep wondering when the end of this illness is come!

  • Sunday: Finished The Breath of God. Review coming later in January.
  • Monday: Halfway through Season 1 of House of Cards.
  • Tuesday: Forged ahead on The End of Illness.
  • Wednesday: Celebrated the New Year by going to see Delivery Man starring Vince Vaughn.
  • Thursday: Watched the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory. OMG! What's going on with Penny and Leonard?! I also half watched/half listened to The Taste. I'm a huge fan of Top Chef and I'm always trying to find another show to live up to it. None ever do, but I do love Anthony Bourdain.
  • Friday: Nearly finished with House of Cards Season One. Thank goodness I won't have to wait long for Season Two.
  • Saturday: Kick this winter cold in the ass and go watch Nebraska at Collins Road Theatres.

Books added to my Wish List

  • Timebound by Rysa Walker
  • The Weller by Adam J. Whitlatch. This is a local author and I'm intrigued by the description of the book.

Feeding my Addictions

Local Bookish Events and Happenings
The Marion Public Library is hosting an Adult Winter Reading Program. Adults (18+) can register for the program starting January 6th. There will be great events surrounding the winter reading program and pre-registration is required for some of them.

What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?