Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Note from the Director: Out Loud! 2014 featuring Sarah Vowell

Last Friday night, I attended the first Out Loud! event of 2014. Our three Metro area libraries sponsor authors throughout the summer months. The events usually involve a reading and a signing afterwards. The cool part? They are free events!

The first speaker this summer was Sarah Vowell. While I haven't read any of Sarah's books, I have seen her on The Daily Show with John Stewart. I found her to be very funny and I spent most of the night laughing. She shared a story about visiting Teddy Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. When I had a chance to get the books I purchased on-site signed, I shared my story of traveling to South Dakota and thinking there was nothing of note in North Dakota.

Here are some pictures from the event:

Coming in July: Wally Lamb.