Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Sunday Post #20: Week of April 20, 2014

The Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's been a rough week here at Second Run Reviews. On Sunday, I came down with a head cold that settled into my sinuses. I stayed home from work on Monday and slept most of the day. The congestion moved to my throat and chest and by Thursday, I had completely lost my voice. As a Project Manager it's a little unsettling to not have a voice! I'm feeling better now, but still taking it easy.

I'm trying a bit of a different layout for my Sunday Post this week. Let me know what you think in comments. I thought it was getting a bit text heavy so I'm trying to bring in a few more images.


What's Happening on the Center Stage
Review: Running Away to Home
AddtoGoodReads
What's Happening on Other Stages
  • PBS NewHour posted an excellent video about the Taming the 'Wild West' of online comments
  • Fans of A Song of Ice and Fire series know there are many that poke fun at the characters eating a lot! NPR's All Things Considered posted an interview with Dinah Fried, photographer and author of Fictitious Dishes.
  • Barnes and Noble recently shared two articles of interest: The Time Traveler's Almanac, a anthology of time travel stories, and 10 Grade-School Classics You'll Never Be too Old to Reread.
  • For those of you who are students, there's currently a project underway to make lending of eBooks between colleges and universities easier. Read the article on The Chronicle of Higher Education for more information.
  • There's a new book social network out there. Has anyone else checked out The Reading Room yet?
  • OMG! Summer is almost year and Hallmark has released their 2014 Dream Book of Keepsake Ornaments. I buy an ornament for each of my nieces and nephews every year and give it to them at Thanksgiving so they can decorate their family Christmas trees in December. My favorite part is finding JUST the right ornament for each one!
  • And if you haven't seen it yet, here's the trailer for Gone Girl. Can I just say that the song "She" has a whole new meaning when set to this? *shivers*

Holding Auditions

Don't forget about the $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway in association with the release of This Crumbling Pageant by Patricia Burroughs.

What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?