PTonight is the Oscars. I am so excited that every time I see something related to the Oscars on TV, I squeal, THE OSCARS ARE TONIGHT! I'm pretty sure my husband and my cats are ready to for that be over with soon.
So here's a rundown of the Oscar nominated flicks I was able to see before the Big Dance.Gravity. I didn't get to The Wolf of Wall Street, but I have a personal day tomorrow so I'll be treating myself. Tonight I'll be joining other local movie fans at Collins Road Theatre for their annual FREE Oscars bash which starts at 6 PM. Maybe I'll see you there!
My Oscar Picks
- Picture: 12 Years a Slave
- While not my favorite flick, it will win tonight. If I had my druthers, I would like to see Her take this prize.
- Actor: Matthew McConaughey
- Actress: Cate Blanchett
- I'm actually bit torn on this pick. I wouldn't mind seeing Dame Judy Dench win for Philomena.
- Supporting Actor: Jared Leto
- Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
- Animated Feature: Frozen
- Cinematography: Gravity
- Costume Design: American Hustle
- Director: Alfonso Cuaron
- Documentary Feature: The Act of Killing
- Documentary Short Subject: The Lady in Number 6: Music Save my Life
- Film Editing: Gravity
- Foreign Language Film: The Great Beauty
- Makeup and Hairstyling: Dallas Buyers Club
- Music-Original Score: Gravity
- Music-Original Song: "Let It Go" from Frozen
- Production Design: The Great Gatsby
- Short Film-Animated: Get a Horse!
- Short Film-Live Action: Aquel No Era Yo (That Wasn't Me)
- Sound Editing: Gravity
- Sound Mixing: Gravity
- Visual Effects: Gravity
- Writing-Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave
- Writing-Original Screenplay: Her
- I certainly hope Her wins this category. I can't stop gushing about this movie and the beautiful prose. There are lines from the movies that still stick with me and I saw it just about a month ago!
"It's like I'm reading a book... and it's a book I deeply love. But I'm reading it slowly now. So the words are really far apart and the spaces between the words are almost infinite. I can still feel you... and the words of our story... but it's in this endless space between the words that I'm finding myself now. It's a place that's not of the physical world. It's where everything else is that I didn't even know existed. I love you so much. But this is where I am now. And this who I am now. And I need you to let me go. As much as I want to, I can't live your book any more." Samantha (Her)Share your Oscar picks in comments. Which Oscar nominees have you seen? Which one got your Thumbs Up and which ones got a Thumbs Down? Will you be singing along with "Let It Go" tonight?