Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge Day 7: Top <del>Ten</del> FOUR Book Blogger Pet Peeves

Top Ten FOUR Book Blogger Pet Peeves

I'm so new to the blogging scene, I'm not sure I can come up with ten. And since I'm so new, I'm going to approach this from the point of a view as a blog reader!

  1. Images of books that aren't linked to something like Amazon or GoodReads. Pictures pull me in, I want to learn more about the books, give me a link!
  2. Light colored text on a light background or dark text on a dark background. I'm old and I have bad eyesight to boot. If I'm straining to read it, I'll move on.
  3. Too much happening on the page especially if it's moving/flashing. I'm visiting your blog read your review (or enter your contest). Let me focus on that.
  4. Oh, and if I'm leaving your site, have the link open a new tab (target="_blank") because I want to come back, browse around your blog some more and subscribe to future posts!
Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge

9 comments:

  1. All of these are pet peeves of mine too! I had to make a list to see if I did any of them, hope I don't. Awesome job on the blogging challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree with the link thing, though I didn't mention it in my list. I am willing to go and search for books that I don't know about anyway, but it would be nice not to be forced to open a new window -> enter a site -> copy and paste :).
    The not-easy-to-read issue made it to my list as well. And yes, now that you make me think of it, the hectic "activity" on some pages is another good point!
    I do new tabs on my blog. Someone doesn't like to be flooded with them, but I think they are probably in the minority (not that I'm being condescent in saying this). I do, anyway.

    Sorry for the deleted comment - I spotted a mistake of mine too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about the deleted comment, It happened to me the other day! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with the bit about the links to the books. This is actually a mistake I made when I first started out and someone was kind enough to mention it to me. I now always link either the picture or the title of the book so that anyone who wants to know more can find the book easily.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized that I forgot to link the titles in my post yesterday! OOPS!

      Delete
  5. I never considered your first pet peeve. I usually put a link to Goodreads right by the main image anyway so I didn't think it was necessary. I may re-evaluate this for my next posts though.

    I definitely agree with your other pet peeves! :) Not being able to read a blog post because of the font colour/font in general is also in my list.

    - Farhana @ Digesting The Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers on #4!!!!!! That is so cool you've actually told people how to do that!! I didn't think to put that but I guess it IS really a pet peeve of mine - so many people miss out b/c they send readers away from their site!!!!

    And I have to remember to always put a link in my pictures! Sometimes I don't if I have links for it elsewhere (like bookcovers).

    EXCELLENT list!!!! Great point of view - you don't sound newbie at all! And your eyes don't have to be old to not be able to see some of the crazy colors and fonts people use :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of peeves! I never thought of putting a link on the picture, but usually link the title right next to the picture. Will think about linking the picture as well, just to be on the safe side! And yes, yes, yes about the dark font on the dark background! I saw purple on black the other day and it was almost impossible to read! What were they thinking?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete