As I mentioned this weekend is shaping up quite nicely. I've watched two documentaries, Mr. Rogers & Me and Running Wild: The Story of Dayton O. Hyde. We are planning to see Disney's Bears at some point and perhaps Divergent. Both movies are playing at Collins Road Theatres. And of course, there is always the reading.
What's Happening on the Center Stage
- This week's Feature & Follow allowed me to share the story of my sister. This was a fun post for me to write and I hope that everyone is able to see how much I love sharing books with others. My sister is my success story. I encourage you to read the comments as my sister responded directly to my post.
- Of course there is this week's Quote of the Week which is all about reading. I pick these quotes weeks in advance so the fact it relates so close to this week's Feature & Follow is purely coincidental.
- I was able to participate in a very unique cover reveal for The Summer Sacrifice by Holly Hinton. The post details how the artist, David Revoy, approached the creative process for Hinton's upcoming novel.
- And finally, a new feature here at Second Run Reviews, Rewind Review! I'm blowing the dust off some of my old reviews once a month and inviting others to join in on the fun. The first Rewind Review was of Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. There's a link-up in the post so feel free to add one of your oldies, but goodies to the list!
- Teen Librarian Toolbox posted an excellent article about YA Literature and exactly what it is.
- Barnes & Noble shared 5 Books Your Favorite Harry Potter Fan Will Love. Missing from the list? The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfe and the Evil Genius series by Catherine Jinks.
- Mental Floss shared Why Libraries Matter.
- And finally, with BEA coming up, Tabitha at Not Yet Read was featured over on Oh, the Books with her thoughts on What kind of book convention is best for you? Being I get starstruck after meeting some of the same authors over and over again, I think I'm going to stick to smaller conventions like Chi-Fi and ICON for now.
- Monday's Review: Snow a short story by Aine Greaney
- Wednesday: Challenge Accepted: My 2014 Reading Challenges Update #4
- Thursday: Feature & Follow #203--How important is good writing to you?
- Friday: Quote of the Week
What did you read or watch this week? Anything good? Something I should add to my to-read or to-watch list?