Header Home Home About Me Calendar Archive and Policies Contact Me Twitter Facebook Subscribe by EmailGoodReads feed://secondrunreviews.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Feature and Follow #202-19: Have you met my friend Ted?

It's time for Feature and Follow Friday! Don't forget to checkout the featured bloggers on Alison Can Read and Parajunkee.com.

This week's question: Have you ever persuaded someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? Did they like it?

This is my sister. Everyone say, HI! (Oh, and feel free to Oo and Ah over my adorable nephew.)
A few years ago I began passing along some of my favorite reads to my sister. It started with Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. And then just about any physical book I read that I liked, I passed along to her. It was like hand-me-downs, but with books instead of clothes. She's liked many of them as GoodReads can attest! Have you ever seen this feature of GoodReads? It shows just how many books we have in common. It comes from years of sharing my books with her.

Over the years, she's come to love fairy tale retellings. Check out her reaction to the final book in The Princess series by Jim C. Hines and Jim's response.

Just wait till she reads The Lunar Chronicles, right?!

But, honestly, for me as a sister, as an avid reader and new blogger, my proudest moment was when I received the following comment from her when she was finished reading the Ashfall series by Mike Mullin.

And this past weekend, while browsing through the book sale at the local library, instead of picking out books for myself, I was picking out books for my sister and throwing them on her pile. She is excited to read some books before I do and pass them along to me. Maybe someday I can persuade her to my co-blogger.

Thank you, sis, for allowing me to rekindle your love of books and helping you to discover your passion for survivalist fiction. And seriously, co-blogger? Think about it!

So how about you, have you every introduced someone to their next favorite book/genre?